Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I'm going to share the absolute BEST guacamole recipe of all times from one of my favorite restaurants in NYC, Rosa Mexicano. I went there often with my husband when we first started dating and I also met a friend there that I still keep in touch with after 15 years. Even now, every time I am in NYC I make it a point to stop in to get my guac fix. They roll a little cart over to your table and you get to watch them cut up all the colorful ingredients and mix it all up right in front of you in a volcano rock mortar and pestle set. You just wouldn't believe the taste...unbeatable!


Here is my actual avocado-stained recipe card that I've had for twenty years. Grab some nice ripe avocados and sip on a delicious margarita while you make this tasty treat! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stacy,
I love Rosa Mexicano and I love your blog. I just discovered it. So much fun. See you in a few weeks.
Jennifer Lee